Monday, June 11, 2012

The Frenzy (Prelude to 2012 WSOP)


I sit there, folding hand after hand. Nursing my average stack. Boredom sets in; I'm dealt A,Jx & raise from late position. The small blind raises; the big blind goes All-In. Freaking Frak, what do I do? I mutter to myself & fold. Who wins the hand? It does not matter; I didn't pay to play. For the next level, I spew what little chips I have left. The money bubble approaches, such is the routine of a
Hold'em Tournament Player. Some call it Tilt, others "rage". Whatever it is; I call it "Frenzy".

It's what you do with that "Frenzy" that makes the difference in you coming home with a payday or leaving empty-handed on any given day & in the future. It has been awhile since my last post. I no longer consider myself a tournament player and am more of a cash/ring-game player. Anybody can play Texas Hold'em, anybody can shove with any two but can anybody play mixed games & changes games every so often?

Returning to my card roots of 7-Card Stud, my interest has renewed for poker games such as Omaha High/Low, Razz, Stud High/Low, Badugi, etc. The mind gets stimulated, consistency is rewarded, variance is somewhat lowered. Nothing is guaranteed but the "Luck" factor is definitely lowered. Grinding cash games of all stakes the last 9 months has taught me renewed patience, resolve & to be result-oriented in a good & bad way.

Here we sit in June with the mecca of Poker upon us; The World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. The plane has landed, bags unpacked, & the room settled to my liking. The all too familiar feeling of "Frenzy" returns to me as I prowl the halls of The Rio. I've been here before. Did I learn anything last time? What new skills have I acquired? Is it enough? Will I adapt to H.O.R.S.E. (Hold'em, Omaha 8 or better, Razz, 7-Card Stud, 7-Card Stud 8 or Better). My 2012 WSOP Campaign begins with Event #27 $1,500 H.O.R.S.E. Event. Follow me on Twitter, it's easy & stay informed in 140 characters or less of my tourney happenings/progress: www.twitter.com/cheweyLam for chip/tournament updates. Go #247pokerteam

A Big Thanks to All my Supporters/Backers!
Chewey
#247pokerteam

No comments:

Post a Comment